Professional Mums has a flexible opportunity for a Strategy Associate at one of our partner clients.
BDO is a leading audit, tax and advisory firm, with the depth and breadth of services and expertise to deliver on all of our clients’ needs. At BDO, exceptional client service underpins our belief system and all aspects of service delivery to our clients. Our culture is collaborative and personal, and we recognise that to deliver exceptional service, we must provide an empowering and flexible environment for our people.
We are currently seeking a highly experienced Strategy Associate to support the Managing Partner, Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the Executive Leadership Team on the successful implementation of the firm’s strategic plan.
This role will be offered on a part-time or casual basis and would suit someone requiring flexibility in hours or other working arrangements. The anticipated time commitment is approximately 2 - 3 days per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, oversee and coordinate a program of work that enables the further development and effective and timely implementation of the firm’s strategic plan
- Provide regular written reporting to the Board and Executive Leadership team on implementation of the strategic plan
- Work with and provide project support to assigned leaders of specific strategic initiatives
- Monitor and review on an ongoing basis the plan and the firm’s execution of it
- Identify and bring to the attention of the Managing Partner and COO implementation issues, risks or delays and help develop plans to mitigate and address those issues and risks
- Maintain ‘live’ program reporting including a program schedule, performance dashboard and risk register
- Contribute to internal communications regarding the strategic plan
- Facilitate workshops and other opportunities for partners and staff to have input into implementation of strategic plan initiatives
- Coordinate the allocation of resources to projects
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Tertiary qualification in business or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, implementation and execution, ideally in a commercial environment
- Proven stakeholder management experience and the ability to work collaboratively to foster strong internal relationships
- Strong attention to detail and organisational abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to oversee a program of work and to exert influence on others involved in that program
- Experience with Microsoft Office Package, Microsoft Power BI or similar data analytics is desirable
What we will offer you
We offer the professional opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth that only a growing global firm like BDO can provide. We are committed to your ongoing development to build your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills. We take pride in our health and wellbeing and workplace giving programs, as well as the range of social activities organised by each office. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
To submit your application pleass send your CV or for further information please call James Hawley on 07 3173 5468 or email James.Hawley@bdo.com.au