Being a mother is certainly a full-time job. Imagine having another full-time job and also being a mother. It requires a lot of time and effort on your part. That is why, in this article, I will be listing out some career options for a woman who is looking for a career and is also a mother.
Are you a mother who is looking for a career? Would you want to have a work-mom balance in your life? Do you want to spend less time scrambling and looking for a babysitter? Fret not, because you have come to the right place, I will be suggesting some great career options for you, the mother who is looking for a job.
I’m going to stress on the fact that you have to be incredibly flexible, when it comes to timings. Mothers have to carefully balance their work demands and their home demands, and they should have flexible schedules which will balance both the lives. You cannot neglect either side. One of the best things that you should do is, you should dip your toes in, to test the waters of work-life, by working part-time. I suggest you work part-time to make sure that you can handle the stress of having a job and caring for a child that requires your love and attention.
Here are some jobs that could potentially be desirable for you, a working mother.
- I have heard that working for a dentist as a dental hygienist can prove to be a decent job. You will be earning around $68,000 per year. Dental hygienists work part-time hours, and they make it possible to be a part of their kids’ lives as well. The job pays well, and you should keep that in mind.
- You can also consider being a market research analyst. This job pays around $60,000 per year. Mothers should be detail-oriented to keep the children safe. They can use this valuable skill to help marketing firms figure out what is important to the company, based on the available market data. A lot of contractors can work from their home.
- You can be a web developer. The annual pay would be around $55,000. You can tap into your creativity and help a lot of people. A lot of individuals work as independent contractors in this career. The deadlines are dictated by the clients. Stay at home mom others can set their own work schedules.
- You can be a Pilates, yoga, fitness trainer. These jobs pay around $45,000-$55,000 per year.
- You can also look into being an elementary school teacher. This job pays around $41,000 per year. If you are a quick-minded individual who enjoys being around children, I feel that being an elementary school teacher could make sense.